Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do you accept returns?
All purchases are final. Our goal is to move product as quickly as possible so we can return to China and buy again. Furthermore, we do not have a storefront to house items leftover in between shipments, so for these reasons we can not accept any returns.
2. If you want to raise money for orphans, why not just ask people to give money directly to China Hope Foundation?
By starting Furnish Out I will be creating a sustainable entity that provides an amazing high quality, unique product with profits to support orphans.
3. What if something I purchased gets damaged after I purchase it?
Each piece was fumigated before it left China. In the Quad Cities we recommend Kistner's Full Claim Service (www.kistners.com) to handle any other issues you may encounter.
4. This sounds like non-profit work. Why is Furnish Out an LLC and not a non-profit organization (501c3)?
We don’t qualify for non-profit status because we operate for the primary purpose of conducting a trade or business that is not related to its exempt purpose*. Multiple attorneys have been consulted on this.
*Cited from http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p4220.pdf
5. Do you ship?
Yes, we will ship but be advised that it is not cheap and the buyer is asked to cover that cost.
6. What types of payment do you accept?
We accept cash, checks, or credit card (there is a 3% fee for payment by credit card).
7. How do I care for my piece?
Due to the age of the wood and change in climate from China to the U.S., some cracking or splitting may occur and will only add character.
Please take the following steps to avoid excessive changes: Avoid direct sunlight and always lift furniture to move it-do not drag. Dust regularly and when necessary, clean with a mild solution of soap and water or gentle dusting cleaner. Polish occasionally with beeswax.*
* Advice borrowed from the professionals at Arhaus
8. Are you taking any administrative fees for your work with Furnish Out?
No, there are no administrative fees paid to anyone involved with Furnish Out.